Go green! Save a planet for the kids.
Originally posted on Gigaom:
In a difficult year for clean energy — pockets of wavering policy support, the ghost of Solyndra and the slow adoption of electric vehicles — we need as many calls to action as possible. Here’s a 7 point plan for clean energy that Michael Liebreich, CEO and founder of Bloomberg’s New Energy Finance, detailed on Tuesday morning at Bloomberg’s summit on the future of energy:
- 1). Messaging about clean energy should be about affordability not subsidies.
- 2). Messaging about clean energy should be focused on the greater economy, productivity, security and health. Not “green jobs.”
- 3). Messaging on clean energy policy should be about deregulation of all energy, not regulation of clean energy.
- 4). Clean energy needs alliances with other sectors, like auto, telecom, retail and real estate. Systemic change can’t happen without the change happening in other sectors.
- 5). The audience for clean energy messaging needs to change…
View original 114 more words